Hi all! Popping in again a second time this week to answer a few questions for this awesome blogging award that my friend Amanda has nominated me for. I’ll be back on Tuesday for normal updates (and probably more mountain pictures sorry not sorry I will never get tired of them!!).
Thanks Amanda for the nomination! Amanda is an awesome, fellow YA writer (who coincidentally also keeps me company sometimes at the cabin in the woods and joins me as a partner in writing/hiking/definitely not Sherlock while here). She has a great blog about YA books new and old (seriously, no idea how she reads SO much) so check it out here.
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the 7 question set by the person who nominated you and create 7 new ones
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blog
- Nominate however many people you like, linking to their blogs
- Let them know you nominated them
The questions for me are:
- If you could learn any language which one would you pick? All of them. 🙂 But primarily…. Greek, Arabic, and Chinese. Okay, okay I know that’s not one, but that’s way too hard! Greek because I am Greek and would love to be able to visit and speak with locals/my extended family someday, and also because GIVE ME A WORD, ANY WORD, AND I SHOW YOU THE ROOT OF THAT WORD IS GREEK!!! Kimono??…. 😉 Arabic because I studied it for three months and wow is it hard… but I don’t like backing down from a challenge once started. Also It’s spoken in so many countries it would help make traveling easier. Chinese because one of my best friends is half, and I would love to travel with her to China one day and be able to get around/at least say hi to her family.
- Which ongoing series are you most excited about this fall? Queen of Shadows Queen of Shadows Queen of Shadows (By Sarah Maas, findable here)!!! Which I definitely didn’t stay up to late reading… okay, I know it’s already out, but seriously, such an awesome series. Oooh and Sara Raasch’s Ice Like Fire! On a side note, both Sarah and Sara are SO sweet and just wonderful authors. Read their things. Seriously.
- If you could meet any author who would you pick? Aside from the ones I’ve already met and loved (like the aforementioned)…. JK Rowling, in a heart beat. To be fair, I think I’d need at lest two hours – one to sob and try to get out a million thank you for how much her books have meant to me, and one to pick her brains about how she got to be such a writing genius.
- What is your favorite season? Summer (Chicago’s summer at least – I love it so much) with fall being a close second.
- What is the best book you’ve read this year? Hmm I recently answered this question (Froi of the Exiles) so I’ll give my pretty much tied book as well – The Queen of Attolia, by Megan Whalen Turner. It was one of the books I flew through, finished, put down, and pretty much just blinked and stared for a while, I was so dazed. Still digesting it months later!
- What is your writing fuel? Coffee? Tea? M&Ms? All of the above??? But actually – coffee, tea, chocolate, many variations of bread avocado and cheese… and copious amounts of water. I chug water like a marathoner when I’m writing.
- What’s the best film you saw in a theater this year? This is probably really sad… but I think I’ve only seen one movie in theaters this year, and actually it might have been late 2014… but I know I saw The Imitation Game in theaters, and really loved that. Also Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies! But that may have been 2014 as well haha. Like I’ve said – I’m a grandma.
The questions for my nominees are:
- Which book character would you want to meet and why?
- Which book do you wish they’d adapt into a movie or TV series?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Which Disney character would you be?
- Do you have any pets and if so what?
- Is there any book that you would change the ending of and how if you would?
- What’s your idea of a perfect night in/out?
My nominees are:
Have fun!! ❤ Maddy